MBEP is Recruiting
a New President and CEO
- Board Governance: Work with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission. Responsible for leading MBEP in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support MBEP’s mission. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of MBEP, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements,
which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Responsible for fiscal management that operates within the approved budget ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach. Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that MBEP can successfully fulfill its mission into the future. Responsible for the enhancement of MBEP’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Develop and implement consistent operational policies, procedures, and reporting/metrics. Provide leadership to and manage the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments. Retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and interns by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development. Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. Responsible for signing all contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Public Advocacy: Leading conferences; interacting with Monterey Bay area leaders; speaking in public forums, before city councils, board of supervisors, and public agencies on behalf of MBEP.
Related Job Tasks:
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Planning and operation of the annual budget
- Serve as MBEP’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance MBEP’s mission
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues, including new membership, events, grants, etc.
- Execute successful large-scale events
- Achieve measurable results in all of MBEP’s initiative areas: Workforce Development, Broadband, Housing, and Climate Change and other new initiatives as determined by the board of directors
- Oversight of the Monterey Bay Housing Trust
- Oversight of MBEP’s Inclusive Economic Planning and Growth: Regions Rise Together Salinas and its expansion across the region
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts and ensure the expansion and enhancement of MBEP’s brand
- Increase brand recognition by contributing articles to local OpEds, CalMatters, and other relevant publications
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to multitask, takes initiative, work independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient public speaker
- Enthusiastic, dynamic
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferred), Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10 or more years of leadership experience in business or non-profit organizations