Membership fuels our efforts and provides opportunities to advance agenda and policy issues important to the Monterey Bay region, and to network with peers and elected officials from all over the region.
Why Join MBEP?
- We catalyze change through focused initiatives: Transportation, Housing, Workforce Development, and Technology
- We advocate for and support the creation and retention of new jobs and businesses which support a sustainable region
- We catalyze organizations to create new regional resources
- We convene local leaders to drive progress on critical issues
- We amplify members’ individual voices
- We bring people together from all sectors and from all over the region to find solutions at two events each year: the Regional Economic Summit in spring and the State of the Region in fall
- We are the go-to source for aggregated and visualized tri-county data
- We use data to create consensus and inform action
As a member, you will have access to:
- A network of civic, business and nonprofit leaders – synergistic like-minded organizations who have a shared vision of our region and who want to work together to affect change
- Expertise of our member network in order to find solutions faster
- Team MBEP’s technical expertise for customized solutions: data, strategy, marketing, housing, etc.
- MBEP as a “bridge” to connect to expertise within member network
- MBEP’s regional marketing efforts that promote member success stories (e-newsletter, social media, etc.) highlighting members who are gaining regional traction on important issues
- Opportunities to gain visibility through sponsoring and supporting regional meetings
- Regional dialogue that didn’t exist before and that is advancing economic vitality in the region
- Special member pricing for our two annual conferences
- Invitations to member-only events
- Annual 1:1 strategy meeting with MBEP leadership
- Strategic alignment with e-newsletter content (as applicable)
- Special individualized project technical assistance
- Exposure at events (sponsor, panelist, Marketplace, supplements, etc.)
- Consistent social media engagement
- Brand alignment and exposure on our website: member logo and video, news feed and
- Twitter feed (as applicable)
- Opportunity to participate in invite-only initiative specific committees (meet quarterly)
Here’s what our members are saying about MBEP:
“Mann Packing is part of MBEP because they are making things happen. We want to be part of positive change in the region and joining MBEP is a way for us to have impact.” – Lorri Koster, former Chairman and CEO, Mann Packing Company
“As Members of MBEP, you are going to have access to elected officials, access to staff at the County and City levels, and you’re going to meet business leaders who are doing things.” – Brian Turlington, Executive Director, Monterey County Business Council
“Workforce development is important as a means of elevating skills and building renewed capacity. With the right support people can be connected to jobs that provide the opportunity for advancement toward a rewarding career with income to raise a family, buy a home, and build a life. Marich wants to be part of this effort, and MBEP is getting the right people around the table to make this happen in our region.” – Brad van Dam, President and CEO, Marich Confectionery
Please contact Kate Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.